THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Forgiving and Seeing the Blessings

Today marks my 6 year wedding anniversary. I met my husband through some mutual friends and a year later we were married. Before he came along I was not living as I should, I guess you could say Sowing my WILD Oats. it was at that time God intervened. We were friends first because we both had just gotten out of bad relationships. Then it just grew. Let me say we are VERY DIFFERENT! Everyone says opposites attract! Well we are definitely opposite. I am nervous, paranoid, and a worry wart. He is calm, never worries, and extremely laid back. As I know he is definitely meant for me, sometimes it is hard to see that. God has truly blessed me, he is a wonderful daddy and my girls adore him. Reading Trish's post on Ashley's site about beauty has made me stop and think that I need to be looking for the beauty in this marriage and not the obstacles. Today I will focus and Pray for the strength to see the little things that make me love him so much! Lord, Today I am praising you for my beautiful family. I feel like I am undeserving of all the things you have blessed me with. Please forgive me for my anger and allow me to be the wife I need to be to this man. Please forgive him and allow him to come to you for direction and guidance for our family. You have blessed us with so many things. Today, I also Pray for Ashley and ask that you dry her lungs so she can spend time with her family, I lift Rachel and Emily up to you so you can heal their lungs and allow them to feel better. Lord, I also lift Asher up to you, I Pray that you will be with him as he grows up and allow him to see the love his mother had for him while she was here on earth. Protect him and his family and give them peace. Lord, there are many other beautiful children in this world that I beg you to Bless them and give their families peace and comfort as they fight their battles. thank You Father for loving us unconditionally. In Jesus Name, Amen

3 comments:

Lady of the house said...

I can't remember how I stumbled upon your little blog, but just wanted to let you know that the controlled crying worked for me. I was AP until my little one was 9 months. My marriage was getting really rocky because of all the time my little one required. I got absolutely no time alone(either with just me or with my husband). My husband demanded things change. So I did controlled crying, and after a few days, my little one lay down in the crib and didn't cry again. He was such a happier baby, and my husband was happier, too.

If you would like to know how I did it, drop a line at one of my blogs. I'll be happy to fill you in.

Either way, I'll pray for you. I know what you are going through, except things are probably a lot harder for you since you work outside of the home, too. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that my husband and I are very different as well. I remember being SO SCARED when we started dating. All the things I worried about then, thinking they would be the middle cause of all fights...have been the things to bring us closer together!

Lady of the house said...

You can do a Google search for some good controlled crying information. All I did was put him down drowsy and if/when he started crying, let him go for 5 minutes. Check and soothe for 1-2 minutes without picking him up. Then wait 10 minutes, repeat, wait 20 minutes..... The only modification I made was that after 20 minutes, I did not double it to 40; instead I bumped it up to 30, then 35.

When he went to sleep and woke up again, I started counting the minutes at where I'd left off, like 20 or whatever. This took only a few days, and then one night I put him down drowsy and he went right to sleep.

Good luck!